I’m not a fan of New Year Resolutions or the people making money off ridiculous (read: totally unattainable goals because they are so outlandish and have no action plan behind them) goals but…
Below are 17 ways you can actually make a difference in your life in 2017. Peace out 2016. I’m coming for you 2017.
- Drink more water and get more sleep.
- Get your home organized. Donate, recycle, ditch, repeat.
- Find some spiritual happiness. Go to church, meditate, look at the awesomeness that is nature.
- Get connected in your community. Make a new friend in your neighborhood, check out a Meetup on a topic you normally would be intimidated by.
- Read a book about career advancement. Take a course or class that you can add to your resume.
- Give love, get love. Doesn’t matter if it;s romantic or platonic. Expand and let the love in.
- Get your money in check. Seriously. Budget is not a bad word. If you want to live like a baller, you best earn and plan like one.
- Purge your closet. If you don’t LOVE it and feel like a MILLION BUCKS wearing it. It’s gots to go. Pronto.
- Give your time. A soup kitchen, an after school program or cheer someone up with a hand written note.
- Find your 3 favorite sayings, scriptures, or mantras and memorize the shizzz out of them. Plaster them everywhere. Learn them, love them, live them.
- Make amends. Do you have an apology that’s been just hanging out inside you? Share it.
- Have some freaken fun. Life is not that serious. Schedule (and keep) some sacred time with your girlfriends.
- Make your doctor and dentist appointments in January for the entire year.
- Talk to the Checker at the grocery store. Say hello, ask about their day. Smile.
- Invest in your happiness, whatever that looks like to you. Vacation, higher learning, pottery classes, making art, whatever floats your boat.
- Stop with the glorification of busyness. It’s so 2016.
- QUIT DOING STUFF YOU HATE. IT WILL LITERALLY SUCK YOUR EVER-LOVING SOUL AND KILL YOU.. Dead. The End.
Happy New Year m’loves. Can’t wait to see what 2017 brings for you!